12 December 2011

Weekend Fun

This weekend was as lovely as the week preceding it was annoying.  After four days of work that turned me into a cranky, grumpy, mean, horrible shrew, the last couple of days have been lazy and warm and delicious and perfect.  And in only five more days (or 111 hours, but, really, who's counting?), I'll be on Christmas break, which is basically the best thing ever.

Today was especially wonderful.  I watched 5 episodes of Parenthood (and even got Matt sucked into it), snuggled with my cuddle soulmate pup, and I tried to see just how many things Matt would get for me so that I wouldn't have to get off of the couch.  (He drew the line at bedpan.  We don't even have a bedpan.)  We stayed in our pajamas until late afternoon and ordered delivery so that we wouldn't have to do anything but lie around in our cozy, Christmasy living room.

Here's what it's looking like around here these days.

Some of the Christmas decor didn't survive the Savannah summer. 

Get out of here with the beauty that is snowflake-shaped marshmallows! 

 Completely in love with the Christmas tree.  It was the first one we looked at, and it is perfect.


 Because 1-800-Pet-Meds boxes come with a treat inside, Mitch has decided that all packages contain treats for him.




Brown sugaring.  Did you know that brown sugar is just white sugar with molasses?  I didn't know that until recently, and now I'm determined never to buy brown sugar again.


Omigod, this dinner was delicious.  Adapted from this recipe, except that we used the juice from two lemons and, since we needed bacon fat anyway, we went ahead and added 1/3 lb. bacon, too.  

Hope you have a great week.  And I hope the next 111 hours go by in a flash!

1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with the snowflake marshmallows. For serious.
    -Shecky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails