30 September 2012

This and That

Hey hey, internet!  I'm sure you've been dying to know what's been going on around these parts, so here it is.  Consider yourself forewarned, though: it is NOT exciting.

1.  CATERPILLARS CAN STING.  Did you even know this?  I didn't until the other day when I was doing yard work.  Short version: new neighbors moving in and we don't want them to hate us because the outside of our house looks like the house is abandoned so I was trimming weeds that had become trees with these awesome new trimmer weapons that we bought and I grabbed a branch and then my whole hand was on fire and I was freaking out because it hurt like hell and I thought I was going to die but then I didn't.  Turns out it was an IO moth caterpillar, something that looks like cute fuzzy nature and then will kill you dead with its stingy venom.  For reals.  So, the neighbors can just go on thinking that our house is probably a meth lab or something.  I'll have to win their affection some other way.  Cookies?


2.  Charlie got all political on us.  Yes, we're those people.


3. Me [while helping Matt with trimming branches in the front yard]: Wouldn't it be so funny if I accidentally chopped off one of your fingers with these?
Matt: No.
Me: I mean, like, in 20 years it'd be a really funny story.
Matt: A really funny story you could tell to your next husband.
Me: Seth Meyers?

4.  Charlie is scooting about these days, about to start crawling.  Also, nothing will show you  how dirty and disgusting your floors are like a rolly baby in a white shirt.  Ew, ew, ew.  So Shecky and I decided that we should make onesies out of Swiffer sheets and then plant awesome fun stuff around the room.  It'd be like the Roomba, but, you know, more green.

5.  I laugh every time I see this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails