1. Just realized tonight that I think I've evaded death, and I'm not talking about the time the knife almost fell down onto my head when I worked at BW3 and was getting ice or any of the millions of times I've almost been hit by a car because I was distracted. No, no. I'm talking about the Dawson's Creek finale. I watched the series finale of Dawson's Creek with three friends, and if we're being honest, I don't even remember which exact three friends they were. But I do remember that we thought it'd be funny if before watching the episode, we drew names (Pacey, Joey, Dawson, Jen). Whatever name you drew, that would not only be where the character ended up ten years from then, but it would also be your fate. I drew Jen. AND THEN SHE DIED! What the effing eff? But I'm not dead yet, which is nice. I've got shit to do, yet.
2. Matilda is my baby soulmate. Until it's past 7:00 in the evening and she's still awake and she's all wide-eyed and everything. Then she's my baby mortal enemy.
3. All I want to do all day every day is eat cookies in my sleep. Doesn't matter what kind of cookie (though I would prefer that it be homemade), doesn't matter where I'm sleeping. Cookies. Sleep. Should we add wine to this?
4. Charlie is intense. I don't want to say that he's bad, but he's definitely spirited. And he's a toddler. And he's insanely strong. And he has a yelling voice so shrill that my friend bought me earplugs. And I'm a little bit afraid that he is the universe getting back at me for being rotten. Reading this book and searching for the magic solution that will show me how to handle him and harness his, uh, intensity, into something fantastic.
5. I totally judge females my age based on the New Kid on the Block they had a crush on. What was your New Kid crush? Later I'll tell you mine and my assessment of the kind of girl you are based on your own crush.
6. And, finally, my looooooooooooooooooong maternity leave/summer break is drawing to a close. On one hand, I'm giddy about returning to work. On the other, I just want to hug my tiny, loud, needy, obnoxious babies and hold them close and kiss their sticky little heads. I was not a person who was made to stay at home with little babies. Not at all. And I'm so excited for this school year and my new role at school and my schedule and everything. I'm also excited to be starting a school year NOT PREGNANT (something I haven't done since 2010). But I'm sad that I won't be enjoying leisurely mornings (Ha! Like they're ever actually leisurely!) with Matt and our babies, sitting around in our pajamas, sucking down Diet Coke and whining about how early babies wake up. I won't have all the time in the world to lie in bed and talk to Matilda and listen to her coo at me and give me happy morning smiles. And I often won't be the one greeting Charlie in the morning, seeing his crazy morning hair, copping out and sitting with him in the recliner watching an episode of Sesame Street that I've already seen 15 times. I know that even though this baby thing isn't my particular cup of tea, I'll be a little sad when it's over, and my going back to work shortens the amount of time I'll be spending with my baby spawn each day. Oh, shoot. And I'm going to have to start wearing shoes again.
C is for cookie.
They love it when I make them pose together for pictures.
I was going to post a witty caption under this, but I couldn't think of anything good. Suggestions?