15 December 2012

If This Isn't Nice, I Don't Know What Is

I won't turn on the TV today because I know that I will become a sobbing mess like I did about a dozen times yesterday, so I don't know all of the awful details of the shooting in Connecticut.  Still, though, I can't get it out of my mind.  We've been trying to focus on the joys in life and not to wallow in the tragedy, but it's hard, especially when every time I look at little Charlie I just think about how those babes were other peoples' Charlies and then, again, with the sobbing mess.  So, anyway, please don't take this as my not caring about it or being deeply affected by the tragedy.  I just can't think about it or I'll have crying headaches for the next week.

Tell me for one second that a dog in a baby swing next to a baby in a baby swing, somewhat dressed like the dog, isn't the best thing you've seen all day.


Unless, of course, you watched this video that makes me want to go buy every single thing that Lego makes.


Oh, also, Charlie has a box.  A giant cardboard box that we draped a duvet cover over and threw some pillow into.  He also has a cup.  Seriously, why have I spent a dime on actual toys for this kid?  Also, spontaneous baby laughter is pretty f'ing awesome.  He also now has a tooth and has tasted bacon.  Bacon jam, actually.  Kid leads a charmed life, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails