30 August 2012

Is It Friday Afternoon Yet?

Also, how's about I win the lottery or something?

Shoot.  This week has been hard.  It's always hard going back to school, and the first few weeks with students are always challenging.  It's hard to get up early in the morning (7:15 a.m. is way too early for anyone to be arriving at work), and it's hard to wear shoes, and it's hard to get back into the swing of school, especially when I'm suddenly supposed to be doing twice as much work in half as much time.

Add to all that the whole "tiny baby at home" thing, and I'm pretty tired.  I'm basically going to go get myself addicted to caffeine pillz because "THERE'S NO TIME!  THERE'S NEVER ANY TIME!" and then Matt will have to talk me down and tell me that, no, I won't be performing at that Hot Sundaes concert this evening.  C'mon.  Let's just watch it, shall we?



That is never going to be not funny.

Anyway, I was supposed to write a post yesterday because it was the ten year anniversary of my first date with Mr. Matt.  But I didn't because I was exhausted.  We didn't do anything exciting, either, because we both had to work and we're tired and old.  We did laugh, as we often do, about how our twenty-one and twenty-two year old selves would be shocked to see us now.  Matt cooks?  Mandy actually agreed to have a baby?  Science finally figured out how to create the cutest dog on the planet and he lives with us?  Whoa, whoa!  And how'd I get so fat?*  And how'd Matt get so skinny?

We've basically been giving ourselves rainchecks for birthdays and anniversaries and other days of note during the last six months or so, and I'm saving them up to cash in for a week-long margarita binge.  But it sure was fun yesterday to think about that first date, how we went to dinner at Applebee's (because we're classy like that) and then to see Signs (I still can't get out the aluminum foil without being tempted to make myself a hat) and how I was wearing my brown Gap favorite tee that I'll probably never get rid of.

Also, ten years is a long time.  A wonderfully long time.

Here is where I would put in a picture of Matt and me when we were young and first dating, but I don't know where it is, and, plus, we were drunk and busted looking in most of those pictures anyway.  Since I only ever take pictures of Charlie and Mitch these days anyway, look at them instead.  Pretend that Mitch is me and Charlie is Matt if you must.

Oh, wait.  Stop pretending that Charlie is Matt.  




This is totes like our first date.  Matt was drooling over his food and I got up in his face and begged for it. (see, also: the last ten years)

And, whoop, whoop!  The weekend is fast-approaching!  Hope yours is the bee's knees!



*Damn you, sedentary lifestyle, pasta, and Oreos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails