16 September 2009

Homemade Dog Treats!

A few days ago, I was really in the mood to bake. And as much as I wanted to eat strawberry cupcakes, I knew that eating a dozen cupcakes wouldn't be in the best interest of my waistline.
Instead, I made treats for Mitchell Pancake. I found the recipe on Annie's Eats.








"Hey, Mama. Are my homemade dog treats ready yet?"
"No, not yet. They're in the oven."

"Okay, well, I'm just gonna sit here and look out the window until they're ready, you know, in case a kid rides by on a bicycle or a cat walks by or something."
"Oh, Mitchell Pancake! Your treats are ready! Come and get one!"

"Mom, this treat tastes really good and all, but I REALLY need to go bury it."
"Are you kidding me, dog? Are you serious that you're not even going to eat it right now?"

"Serious as a heart attack, Mom. Now let me outside."
"Fine. But see if I ever make you homemade dog treats again! I could've had cupcakes!"



"Okay, much better. Coast is clear. I hope none of those weird neighborhood dogs come and try to dig up my treat. I'll be so mad!"

2 minutes later. . .
"Mom, can I have another treat?"
"Sure, dog."

"MITCHELL PANCAKE! What is this treat doing buried in the bed?"

"Mom, don't be mad. I just wasn't that hungry right now. I'm not making a mess."
"Oh, you're not? I'm not going to be lying in homemade dog treat crumbs tonight?"
"You know, Mom, I really don't like your attitude right now. This is my treat and my bed and I'll do with them what I like. Stop hasslin' me, woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails