24 September 2009

That's just BANANAS!

Sometimes I fancy myself a trendsetter. For example, when I was in high school, there was a creepy kid who sat behind me in government, Jason, who wore a trenchcoat and would talk about blowing things up. He was kind of like Brain from the Animaniacs "Pinky and the Brain." I coined him "Unabomber Boy." It stuck. By senior year, pretty much everyone referred to him as the Unabomber. Looking back, I see that I shouldn't have been bitchy to the boy who was always talking about bombs, but fortunately for me nothing ever came of it. Of course, he did give me a rose one day. That was both weird and embarrassing. I think he's some sort of engineer in the military now. Hmph.

But I digress.

Back to trendsetting. I'm not actually a trendsetter, much to my chagrin, but I think that will all change when I give you my new favorite word and its use. Now, I'm not completely sure if I came up with this on my own or if I heard it somewhere, but I've decided to be the one to make it TAKE OFF.

I give you BANANAS!. The exclamation mark belongs there because every time you say BANANAS!, you have to say it enthusiastically, and sometimes with a hint of anger.


BANANAS! is my synonym for crazy/stupid/weird/unbelievable/ridiculous/insane/wild. It's an adjective, and like the word crazy, BANANAS! can have either a positive or negative connotation, depending on how you are using it. Here are some examples of using BANANAS! appropriately:
  • "You can't make a U-turn in New Jersey? That's just BANANAS!"
  • "Brad tried to take my pizza? He's just BANANAS!"
  • "I've been out of high school for ten years? That's BANANAS!"
  • "The raise I received knocked me into a higher tax bracket? BANANAS!"
  • "Well, he's BANANAS! if he thinks I'm going to do that. I'm a wholesome girl."
  • "These teabaggers are just BANANAS!, I tell you."
  • "I'm BANANAS! for cupcakes."

As you can see, BANANAS! is highly versatile, and it's wildly fun to say. Give it a whirl today.

Next favorite word: Bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails