07 June 2009

Cupcake Mania!





This semester I have a class of seniors that I love. If you've ever heard me talk about school, then you know that such an occurrence is rare. This class is great, though. The students are nice, they're funny, and together they have a great chemistry. Tomorrow is their last day of class, and I can honestly say that I will be sad to see them go.

In honor of their last day of class, I am giving them awards and cupcakes.

Digression: I have had the hardest time finding a good strawberry cake recipe. Every one I would try would taste okay, but would have a muffiny texture. (One batch actually had a texture more like a brick. When the recipe says, "use self-rising flour," use self-rising flour. It was okay, though. I licked the icing off of each individual one and threw the cake in the trash. No need to waste cream cheese icing just because the cake sucks!) I came across this recipe the other day, though, and it's great. The flavor and the texture are perfect. I didn't use their icing, though. It sounded weird, and I didn't want to buy a bottle of strawberry liqueur to make something that might be gross. I stuck with my personal favorite, cream cheese. Mmmmm. I could drink it with a straw.
All of this baking taught me something about myself, too: I do not care for vanilla buttercream frosting. Hmph.

Tune in tomorrow for an in-depth analysis of the season finale of The Hills. I may or may not be joshin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails