19 November 2010

Gonna Have Some Fun, Show You How It's Done. . .

I was going to title this post "Happy Friday" or "TGIF" or something like that, but last week I did a "Happy Friday" post and Matt said that was a lame name and I was all "Whatev!" and then he just rolled his eyes at me and shook his head shrugged his shoulders in that way that lets me know that he may or may not be second guessing his decision to marry someone who says things like "Whatev!"

Last Friday was a very happy Friday, and this one is, too.  Here's why today is awesome.
  1. I went to bed super early last night (11:00) without doing several of the items on my to-do list, and I don't even care.  I mean, if I really want to walk through the house without my feet turning black, I can just wear flip-flops.  And I'd rather be well-rested than clean anyway.
  2. I am wearing my favorite black sweater.
  3. My hair has been really cooperative today.
  4. I read about this awesome owl calendar generator.  I kind of want to make one for everyone I know.
  5. Every one of my eleventh graders that took the graduation writing test passed!  Today's class was fun (but not terribly productive, what with all of the whooping and hollering).  Even more fun was the game I played with each of them as I passed back the scores, looking sad and disheartened, telling them that I hated to have to be the one to tell them this, letting out long, sad sighs.  They'd be all, "I failed?" and I'd be all "Well, look at the score."  And then they would, and they'd jump and scream.  It was a good day to be a teacher.
  6. Found a recipe for Butterbeer.  Does anyone know where I can find butter extract?
  7. As of 10:28 this morning, Iris and Opal have a new sister! (Whose name has yet to be determined)
  8. Only two more school days until Thanksgivpalooza.  Thanklicious.  Thankseat-a-thon.  I'm pumped.  Time to do some stretching.  (Let me explain to you how the human body works.) 
  9. Matt just brought me a bean burrito from Taco Bell.
  10. There's a box of wine in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails