23 November 2010

Gratitude

You know what I'm thankful for?
  1. Thanksgiving break.  Now that's meta.
  2. Dogs.  I really can't say enough about how cute they are.
  3. Matt.  I really can't say enough about how awesome he is. 
  4. Friends.  Oh man, I've got some good ones.  I don't have all that many, mostly because I kind of hate most people, but the ones I do have are dynamite.
  5. Family.  Well, some of them, at least.  (Not the cousin who stabbed a cop with a broken beer bottle--or the serial killer cousin--or--shoot!--I was supposed to save that stuff for the book!)
  6. Books.  I don't read enough of them, but boy are they fantastic. 
  7. Food.  Duh. 
  8. Wine.  Double duh. 
  9. Freedom.  And the right to vote.  Duh.
  10. The internet.  I am an addict.
  11. My mother and father-in-law.  I couldn't have asked for better ones.
  12. Having a job.  Yeah, even though, on occasion, it might make me want to pull out my own hair and scream and cry in a corner--I know I'm fortunate to have one.  And, you know, teenagers can be pretty funny sometimes.
  13. Down comforters.  Ahhh. . .heaven.
  14. Sunglasses.  How did people in olden times even live without these?  They must've had really bad wrinkles!
  15. TV.  And DVR.  I LOVE TV and I don't care who knows it!  I love good TV and I love crappy TV and I love watching the news and I love watching re-runs of Roseanne and The Golden Girls.  Judge away. 
  16. Teachers (specifically, my old ones).  It's on my worst days at work that I realize just how awesome they were and are.
  17. Burt's Bees.
  18. Martha Stewart.  See #4.
  19. Cell phones.  So what if I get brain cancer? 
  20. Friends.  Oh how I long to know what's come of my friend Ross.
What's at the top of your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails