14 March 2011

I Swear I Didn't Plan It!

So, I've been trying to get Matt to let me put a TV in our bedroom for about four years.

But Matt forbids it.

He says that if I have a TV in the bedroom, I will never leave the bedroom. 

And, well, I can't really argue with that. So I don't push the issue.

Now let's switch gears a bit.  Matt and I also never get money back from our taxes.  What we get back from federal we always seem to owe to state, so it's always a wash. 

But this year we did.  It wasn't anything too crazy, but it was enough that we thought it would be okay to buy ourselves a present or two.  Last Sunday, I dragged Matt to Target because I wanted to look for the complete series of Six Feet Under (birthday gift idea!).  As he does every time he walks into my home away from home, he made a b-line for the back to look at the TVs.  We've been wanting a nicer TV for our guest room for a while now, but it was just never much of a priority.  But there were a bunch on sale, and about 15 minutes after walking into Target, we were walking out of Target with a new 32-inch baby.  Fair enough.

So we set it up in the guest room, on top of the new Expedit.  Truth be told, the new TV was supposed to help with us losing weight (because I can rationalize any purchase with "it will help me to lose weight") because we could put the Wii in there and stream Netflix instant, which would make us (and by us I mean me, because Matt is an ellipting addict already) want to work out more.


Now here's the part I didn't count on.  We have a really comfortable bed in the guest room. 

Uh oh.

This has been my view for the last few days.


Mitch loves it, too.


So, anyway, I subconsciously manipulated my husband into doing what I want.  And I'm pretty pleased with myself.



If you need me, or Mitch, you know where to find us.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Makes me want one for my b-room now. You look so comfy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. It's pretty much the most amazing thing. Now I just tell Matt that I'm off to take a Brothers and Sisters nap--which I'm sure sounds a lot creepier than it is. I basically just watch the show until I slip into a coma nap. It's wonderful. Get one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails