12 May 2010

Better Than a Cough Drop


You know what I hate?  I hate being half-sick. I've been half-sick for about a week now, and it's really beginning to piss me off. 

(And then I hate how I'm such a baby about minor things.  I could be really, really sick; or I could have lost my job; or I could be Mattless or Mitchless; or I could have to live somewhere without internet or DVR.  Believe me, I know that things could be worse.  But right now I want to whine like a tiny little baby.)

So every time I wake up in the morning (or from a nap, if we're being candid), I have a headache and a sore throat, and I generally feel like shit.  And I cough and cough, trying to hack up something that just refuses to leave my ailing, old body.  And then I cough some more.  And then I hold my chest because it's hurting to cough.  And then I scream over ninth graders who are twenty-one days away from summer.  And then I cough some more.  Suckfest.

I either want to be 100% better, or sick enough to stay home from school.  I've been taking my temperature, and the highest it is is like 99.5: high enough for me to feel shitty, but not high enough for me to justify missing school. 

The only silver lining to this whole semi-sickness is that I can eat ice cream guilt-free.  I usually don't keep ice cream in the house (because I love it so, and lack self-discipline), but if I'm sick, it's basically a form of medicine.  Good for the throat, you know.

And I'll be damned if I didn't come across something fun this week--sherbert in the Virginia Tech colors.  (Sometimes it's the little things, isn't it?)


This is some berry sherbert (in my head this counted as a fruit purchase) from Publix, and the colors are quite pretty. 


Matt's a Virginia Tech football fan, and I'm kind of indifferent.  But how fun would it be to have this included in some dessert for a party where we watch VT play? 

There's just one teeny problem. When a team finds out that Matt is rooting for them, they immediately begin to lose, and not even in respectable ways.  They lose in ridiculous, heartbreaking ways, like some thing called the Music City Miracle (an atrocity, if you ask Matt), or by throwing an interception returned for a touchdown at the very last second.

Sooooooooooo. . .I think Matt needs to start cheering for, oh, I don't know, TIM TEBOW (lame!), and then perhaps his beloved Virginia Tech can go to a championship game, and then I can have a party to celebrate, and I can serve VT ice cream sandwiches. 

Or. . .maybe I'll just serve these sandwiches next time we have people over.  That other plan sure does seem like a lot of work.

Cough.

Cough.

Time for some sherbert.  Goooooooooo, Tech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails