26 May 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes



Because strawberry shortcake is one of my all-time favorite foods, I'm game for any fun variation of it.  Last year, Cassie baked up Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Shortcake Cake, and I was instantly in love.  I mean, if there was one thing that traditional strawberry shortcake was missing, then it was cream cheese frosting. 

So here's my variation of her variation (kind of like how The City is a spinoff of The Hills, which is a spinoff of Laguna Beach). 

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

Nothing too fancy, really.  Just my friend Martha's versatile vanilla cake, chopped strawberries, and cream cheese frosting.  What's not to love?


I made these on Sunday morning, in preparation for our viewing of the the finale of Lost.  You know, because on the island the survivors were all the time munching down on baked goods.  Really, I just wanted them.  But I made twenty-four, and believed it dangerous to keep twenty-four of my favorite little treats around, so I decided to walk some over to the new neighbors.  You know, to be all neighborly and shit, and because they have a few kids (and to butter them up a little bit so they won't get angry with us this summer when we have our late night conversations in the carport).  So I put on my new cute pink cardigan and walked some over (remember, we live in the ghetto). 

The neighbor seemed appreciative, if not weirded out.  Now I'm paranoid about what they think of me. 

"Oh, crazy white lady next door--all the time either drunk or baking. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails