28 April 2011

For the Kids.

 Mitch gets so excited when Aunt Cassie arrives.

So, tonight we were totes* just hanging out with Cassie and talking and getting ready to make the most delicious chicken quesadillas that have ever been made in the history of planet earth, and there was a knock at the door.

And I thought it might be someone trying to sell us a security system, or trying to get us to pay them to mow  our lawn, or trying to get us to help them pay for their mother's medicine**  But it wasn't.  It was just two kids,  looking all cute and wearing their school uniforms, selling the WORLD'S FINEST chocolate.

Someone once told me that if a kid is selling something for a fundraiser, and you can afford it, you buy it.  I kind of (okay, totes) bought into that idea.***  So when I saw these kids and their fine chocolate, I hollered for Matt to give me a dollar.  And we bought our candy bar and the kids smiled and were on their merry way.

And then Matt noticed that the WORLD'S FINEST chocolate bars had buy-one-get-one-free Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich coupons on them.****  And I, promptly, yell/whispered for the kids to come back, and I yell/yelled for Matt to give me five dollars.

That is some mighty fine chocolate.

And now I have six chocolate bars and six chicken sandwiches for the low, low price of $6.

Anyone want to come over for a fancy dinner?






*Matt totes turned me on to this version of the word totally, and I totes love it.  It may seem idiotic.  I don't care.


**There's forty dollars that we'll never see again.  Shoot.  That's a story for another time, mostly because it reveals what dumbasses Matt and I are.


***Puns really aren't that funny, are they?


****No, I did not allow my students to sell these same candy bars in class so long as they gave me their coupons (as long as they didn't want them for themselves).  Only a morally corrupt person would do such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails