26 May 2011

She's a Lady!




Fun facts about ladybugs that I found on the internet and learned before there was an internet:

  • Ladybugs are cute.
  • Red ladybugs are ladies.  Black ladybugs with red spots are really called manbugs.  Tanya taught me that.  She is a veritable wealth of knowledge.
  • Ladybugs are good bugs because they eat bad bugs.
  • Ladybug in Spanish is mariquita.  Manbug in Spanish is senorbugo.  I didn't ever study any other languages, so I don't know any other translations.
  • Ladybugs will usually not kill you.
  • Ladybugs don't even taste good.  That's why other bugs and animals won't eat them.  
  • Ladybug wings are kind of like a spaceship.
Also, ladybugs are awesome.  I stalked one this weekend while she (red with black spots, that's how you know it was a she) toured Cassie and Hugh's lemon tree.




See ya, lady. . .bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails