08 October 2010

Cookie Brothers

Remember my favorite cookie, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookie from yesteryear (or May)?  Well, the other day I had a flash of genius when I decided to switch things up a bit by replacing the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with Reese's Pieces.  Crazy, I know.*

The results: pretty f'ing good.  They're different from their cookie twin brother.  I mean, if these cookies were Brandon and Brenda, these would be. . .Dylan.  I hate Brenda.  That was a bad analogy.  Yeah, these cookies are Dylan.  I loved Dylan. . .**


(So maybe the cookies aren't so much brothers as they are sideburned sexy best friends?)


What's more yummy?  Cookies, or Dylan McKay circa 1992?  That's a tough one.

Anyway, here's the recipe. 

Reese's Pieces Cookies

Ingredients


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup Reese's Pieces

Directions

1.Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

2.Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the Reese's Pieces..

3.Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until light brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
 
*Also, I feel like it should be noted that I don't smoke marijuana.  In fact, I've never smoked marijuana.  Isn't that weird?  I guess it was my way of rebelling against my family of unmotivated stoners.  Anyway, I just wanted you to know that these "flashes of genius" have nothing to do with cases of the munchies.  Not high, just fat.

**Not drunk right now, either.  Just incoherent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails