Anyway, here's what we've been watching lately:
1. Football. This one's more Matt than me. He watches and I provide commentary. For example, when one of the refs threw a flag during the Bills game this afternoon, I hollered, "Ooooooh, someone's in trouble!" Then I fell asleep for four hours. Oh well.
2. Boardwalk Empire. Ooh, what a pretty and smart show! We are both really enjoying the glimpse into Atlantic City during prohibition. Martin Scorcese and HBO? Yes, please. We're an episode behind, though, because every time we go to watch it I fall asleep. Oops. (Also, don't make old timey Omar kill your ass.)
3. The Office. The new season of this old favorite has had a really strong start. I think my favorite little storyline so far has been Pam creating herself an entirely new position. I just got caught up with The Office because I'd fallen asleep during last week's episode. Does anyone else think that I might have narcolepsy?
4. 30 Rock. Another strong start to a season! There's a special place in my heart for 30 Rock, and I'm still working on getting Matt to dress up as Werewolf Bar Mitzvah for Halloween. I think the only way I'll get him to do it is to get in a big fight with him that is his fault, and to cry and then say that the only way he can make it up to me is to dress up for Halloween.
6. Amazing Race. Even though this season's teams are pretty crappy, we're still watching. I wish I'd chosen Kev Jumba and his dad, though. I also wish there was a watermelon face smash on every episode!
7. Teen Mom. We've talked about this one a lot, and it's simultaneously the best and worst thing on TV right now. I can't believe that the next episode is going to be the season finale! Matt would like to point out that he does not watch this show, because he is above trash like this and prefers high brow entertainment, which you will discover with item number 10.
10. Real World/Road Rules Challenge. This season takes place in Prague, and the elimination battles happen in the "Gulag". As in, Brandon and Derrick will be facing off in The Gulag. WTF? What's the next season going to be? The Challenge: Auschwitz? There was even a part where the players had to go into a gas chamber to read a clue. One of the girls mentioned that she shouldn't go into the gas chamber because she has asthma and it would be unhealthy for her. You know, because gas chambers are only bad for you if you have asthma. Matt is more invested in this than I am, but I join him in watching it sometimes. In the absence of Teen Mom, however, this show will serve me well. It's just horrible enough and entertaining enough to make an hour of ellipting go by in a flash.
What are you watching? Is there anything out there that we should be watching but aren't?