14 October 2010

This and That

1. Jon Stewart is on my list. I'm having trouble, though, deciding which Jon Stewart I like more. This one?


Or this one? Mmmmmmmm.

2. New favorite singer boy: Trent Wagler. I first learned of Trent Wags through Danielle. He and his band, The Steel Wheels, play shows in Harrisonburg (Oh, how I love Harrisonburg. . .) often and she's a big fan. I downloaded what I could of his stuff, and Danielle sent me a few CDs a couple of weeks ago (because she's AWESOME!). They're so fun, and he has such a great voice, and he's cute to boot! Move over, Jon Stewart.



3. Teen Mom is out of control. I can't wait to watch the reunion special. Maybe they'll have social services come in a take little Leah away from Amber for good. My god, I hate that troll.  My eleventh graders may or may not have succeeded in getting me off task today by discussing Teen Mom.  So much to say!

4. Horray for the rescue of the Chilean miners! Between the coverage of the retrieval and the finale of Teen Mom, Tuesday night boasted quite an emotional television lineup.

5. I really, really love reading To Kill a Mockingbird with my students. I mean, saying that you like it is basically like claiming to like The Beatles, since pretty much everyone loves that book, but still. It's so pretty, so perfect. And I have to hold back tears every time during the courtroom scene when the lady tells Scout to stand up because her daddy's passin'. Sigh.

6. I have become a little bit too obsessed with Dear Prudence. Even though I know when her columns will come out, I can't help but to check Slate approximately 789 times per day to check for a bonus column. I pretty much want to be Dear Prudie.

7. Someone's knocked up!

8. It's not me. It's her.

9. Celebrating Cris's birthday tonight. Making pumpkin whoopie pies for the occasion.  Mmmmmmmm.
 
10.  I get to wear jeans to work tomorrow!  Why is it that that's the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails