25 November 2009

Christmas Gift Ideas--Thanksgiving Eve Edition

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you!

Here at M Cubed we're gearing up for the big feast by eating as much as humanly possible. "Let me explain to you how the human body works. . .it's like stretching." After an afternoon of shopping with Chloe (P.S., I hate Aeropostale) and treating myself to a couple of early Christmas gifts (see below), we returned home, ate French dip sandwiches (for the second time this week--I heart au jus), played some Wii Mario Kart, and are now gearing up to make bolognese. I'll need to ellipt for 200 straight hours just to compensate for one single day of this vacation, it seems.

My house is a disaster already and I'm trying not to think about it. Instead, I'm going to give some Christmas gift ideas, ideas for gifts for me or for another special person in your life.

First, Gap has sweaters on sale for 50% off right now. I bought two. This one, (but mine is a pretty blue). . .

. . .and this one, to remind me of JMU, and grapes. And the club I used to be in, the Unicorns.


In addition to sweaters from the Gap (50% off!!!), I've been eyeballing these items lately.
Bamboo cutting boards. My current cutting boards suck, and I'm convinced that they're making my knives dull. I really like how this one has the overhang. Would that keep it more stable, I wonder?
Felt soap. I don't know why I like this, but I'm obsesssed. Can someone please show me how to make this? (These are from Anthropologie, and are ridiculously beautiful and overpriced.)
External hard drive. This one is 1 TB, which I can't even wrap my mind around. Perhaps I could store all of my photos on it and free up some space on our dinosaur of a computer? This one will be on sale at Target for $60 come Black Friday. It may be enough to get me to a store on a day I usually opt to hide from the general population.




Nesting measuring cups. I saw these in Real Simple and really liked them. Officially, they fall under the category of things I really don't need, but, eh, who cares? They're pretty!


And, if you're feeling particularly generous, I wouldn't hate you if you sent this camera my way.

I'll bake you something!

Okay, expect more Christmas gift ideas (maybe even some from Matt, Jordan, and Chloe?).

Right now, though, I need to go bake a pumpkin cheesecake (which I will trade for a Nikon D5000 if you insist!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails