23 November 2009

Giving Thanks Like the Publix Pilgrims

Horray for a two-day week!

The self-improvement plan has taken a hiatus until November 30. In the meantime, I shall be consuming mass quantities of meat, butter, pie, and wine. I shall be unproductive. I shall take naps at ten to the hour every hour. I shall neither sweep the floor nor put the clothes away. But that's what Thanksgiving's all about, right? That, and, of course, giving thanks.

I am thankful for:

  • My little family, Matt and Mitch. Those boys sure do make me happy.
  • My wonderful, smart, funny friends. I am especially grateful for those friends who will give me an honest answer when I start a conversation with, "Now, tell me if I'm being a bitch here. . ." or "Tell me if you think I'm wrong." A truly good friend is more than just a member of the cheering section.
  • All of my great kitchen equipment
  • Having a wonderful mother and father in-law. I've heard many a horror story, and I'm happy that I don't have to worry about having a crazy mother-in-law or a creepy father-in-law. Truthfully, the ones I got couldn't be much better.
  • Having a job, however frustrating it may be at times.
  • Facebook. How else would I spend hours per day stalking people, many of whom I don't even like?
  • Our health. Let's keep it that way. (Maybe I should get back to that self-improvement plan?)
  • My bigger (extended, not fat) family: they're loud and crazy, but full of love. And all of the annoying things about them are going to be useful when I write my tell-all book.
  • Cupcakes
  • Boxes of wine
  • Turkeys
  • Naps
  • My down comforter
  • Having a president with a brain (even if Congress can't seem to grow one)
  • Martha Stewart and Real Simple
  • My camera
  • Dogs in general
  • TV shows on DVD
  • Pajama pants
  • Parks
  • The internet
  • Publix
  • Season-specific salt and pepper shakers. For example, the Publix pilgrims, Paul and Polly. I love breaking these guys out. Their arrival means turkey and naps and love.



I want to use them to season mashed potatoes.
T minus thirty hours until the family arrives. Uh oh.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails