14 November 2009

Comcast = Big Brother

It's a case of life imitating art.

Yesterday, mostly in jest, I wrote a post damning Comcast for not having the most recent episode of The City available on On Demand. I was 85% joking, but had been genuinely annoyed on Thursday night when I couldn't find out what happened with Whitney and the boy with the crazy white teeth. I do recognize how spoiled I have become, however, with all of this technology that I take for granted. And I know that there are many people in the world who don't even have On Demand, and that I should count my blessings.

My post went up at 10:57 a.m., and at 1:35 p.m. I had a comment from none other than my mortal foe, Comcast. To save you all of the trouble of scrolling and clicking, here it is.
Hi Mandy,

I will check with my local contacts regarding this. If a show is not available on On demand, it is by choice of its network, not Comcast. The shows are supplied by the network. If the new shows are not supplied by the network, it will not be available on On demand.

What area are you from and what is the latest episode on your On demand?

Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com


I feel like I've committed thoughtcrime. Is Comcast going to lock me in a room with an army of jumpy frogs until I admit that Comcast is the best cable provider on the planet?

I can't decide if Comcast's blog stalking and commenting is good customer service, or if it's just creepy. What do you think?


(Oh, and let me give a shout out to Mark Casem, just in case he's reading this one. Mark, my husband says that you have nothing to worry about, that we're never cancelling our service because he relies too heavily on the services you provide. Also, he doesn't want to anger the Comcast gods. Please don't hurt us by taking away our cable, DVR, and internet.)

2 comments:

  1. HAAHAHAHAHA! That is AWESOME! You better stick with Comcast because they will take care of you... forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Did that really happen???? HEY COMCAST, I LIVE IN HARRISONBURG, VA AND OUR SOUND BLIPS IN AND OUT EVERY SINGLE EFFING DAY, WILL YOU PLEASE COME FIX IT?

    Thanks, Mandy, for sharing your super cool Comcast connection!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails