29 November 2009

Was It Worth It?

On Friday morning, after a near-death experience that involved lard, flour, and milk, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to hit the Black Friday sales at Target for the first time in my life. The experience was kind of weird.

First of all, I was tired.

Second of all, it was freezing outside.

Third, I was still suffering from my gravy overdose.

But there were deals to be had, and even though we were there before the store even opened, we had to wait in a line that looked like this.

The kind people of Target were there handing out reusable shopping bags and maps of Target. (Like I need a map of TARGET!) The police were there to stop shenanigans. And it seems that everyone else in the line was there for a big screen TV.

Seriously, it was surreal to walk through Target--the same Target I visit five times per week--and see a big screen TV in each cart.

We didn't have a big screen, though. I treated myself to one of these, a 1 TB (I think that stands for terabyte, which I'm pretty sure is some type of dinosaur) external hard drive. I needed it anyway and saved $40! Horray for Team Mandy! The best part about the hard drive is that it may be enough to make our computer last for a few more years. Hopefully now we won't have to drop a bunch of money on a new one. And now we don't have to wait for days while each internet page loads. (Matt used to read a book while waiting for the pages to load.)

And I couldn't resist buying one of these for the guest room. A king-sized down comforter for $30? Done and done. And, is there anything more comforting than the crinkle sound a new down comforter makes? No, there isn't.

So, if you're planning on visiting, look forward to a faster computer and a luxurious bed.

Did you do Black Friday shopping? Were you one of those people with the flat screen in your cart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails