25 October 2009

Lion Lobotomy: A Post from Mitch

Hey guys, it's me Mitch. So, I've been reading a lot lately. I'm a lot more like my dad in that than I am like my mom. I mean, I'm like my mom when it comes to sleeping and snugglin', but I'm like my dad when it comes to being smart and reading literature. I'm not even sure that my mom can read.

Anyway, this week I was reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. Wow, what a powerful work!

And the book got me to thinking. . .my friend Leonard the Lion (I get such a kick out of alliteration!) is so much like the main character. He's irreverent and rebellious, he's fun-loving, he's charismatic. I mean, Leonard the Lion is basically exactly like McMurphy.

And as I got farther along in the book, I decided that I would be Nurse Ratched. It's time for surgery, Leonard McMurphy the Lion.

Not only did I perform a lobotomy on Leonard McMurphy, but I also removed his eyes. They were delicious!

Uh, oh. I better clean up those brains.

I guess you could say that this is a case of life imitating art.

Or just cruelty by a dog. I think I should've been Chief Bromden.

Does anyone have a pillow I can borrow real quick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails