05 October 2009

Cookies and Creme Cupcakes!

On Friday I spoke without thinking--word vomit if you will--when I told my students that every student who received a 100% on their spelling quiz would receive a cupcake on Monday. Why did I do that? Stupidity, that's why.

Today, after doing laundry and cleaning the house and shopping and talking on the phone and making stew and homemade dog treats, I really wasn't in the mood to dirty more dishes to make cupcakes for teenagers. But it's important that I remain a woman of my word.

So today I thumbed through the 500 Cupcakes book that Christina sent for a good idea, and then figured out how to do it using Martha Stewart recipes. I used her recipe for Versatile Vanilla Cake (and I added crushed Oreos to the batter), and her recipe for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.


It's like a cupcake dream. . .
And although I have licked the batter off of the spatula, I have not eaten a cupcake--yet. I did taste a tiny bit of the cake it and was gooooooood. Hopefully those great spellers will agree. Otherwise, I may have a mutiny on my hands.

2 comments:

  1. That was really nice to do that for them! I could REALLY use a cupcake right now. Are you sure they will eat them without thinking that you poisoned them with arsenic?
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcakes were awesome. I was allowed to samnple an arsenic-free one, and it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails