26 October 2009

Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin

This is how I felt today from 7:20 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., when I got home and the Matt had dinner ready. It's like we're in the '50s. Well, kind of.

Instead of dragging you down with the details of my shitstorm suckfest of a day, I'll give you something happy: what we had for dinner last night. It was from my friend Martha. I give you [well, Martha gives you] Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin with Acorn Squash.

This is the picture from the website, but ours looked strikingly similar. Except I didn't tie mine. I don't own kitchen twine, I don't know where to find it, and I didn't feel that dental floss was an appropriate substitute.

We served ours with basmatti, because here at M Cubed we can't get enough carbs.

It was one of those meals where we were silent for several minutes whilst shoving food into our faces, and then when we did speak it was only to comment on how good the food was.

That's a lie, actually. We also debated whether the Amazing Race's Canaan and Mika would ever be able to have a healthy relationship, what with her blowing the chance at a million because she wouldn't go down a waterslide. We decided that they will break up soon. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think Mika and Canaan broke up on the plane ride home. I just don't think that relationship can sustain what happened -- her not being able to go down a water slide that takes 10 seconds with floaties on and him manhandling her.

    The pork sounds great!!

    BTW - what does Matt do for a living? I realize I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should break up. Matt maintains that she was abused as a child, and is stunted, thus the irrational childish fear.

    Matt's waiting table right now, and working on getting certified to teach high school English. He's getting really tired of working in restaurants, but at the same time, he makes the same amount of money I do and works about 10 fewer hours each week. But he's ready for paid time off--and summers, of course.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails