30 September 2010

Redipulous!


So, yesterday I was going to make some roasted red pepper hummus.  I roasted the peppers, and was gearing up to prepare my healthy snack.

Except that I didn't want a healthy snack.  Hummus is good and all, but I just didn't want it.  I wanted dip--delicious, creamy, bad for me dip.  So I googled "red pepper dip" (because I google everything) and this was the first thing I found.


And, by the way, it's my new favorite dip, food, thing to eat at parties, thing to eat after school, thing to eat on a sandwich, thing to spread all over my face--you name it.  It's just that good.  The ingredients are somewhat similar to my favorite spinach dip, and I think that with a few small modifications I could make it  a little healthier. 

Matt really nailed it when he called it redipulous.  Redipulous indeed!

I think you should make this next time you have to make something for a potluck.  Or next time you need to eat.  Or breathe. 

Redipulous (adapted from Mary's Roasted Red Pepper Dip)

Ingredients



2 roasted red peppers, pureed in a blender or food processor
1-1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I used jalapeno jack and cheddar)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions


1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a small baking dish, mix the roasted red peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and garlic.
3.Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.
 
Warning:  Only make this dip when you have people to share it with, because it's really good and it would be easy to eat the whole thing in a single sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails