10 December 2009

Don't Forget the Pups!

I love to bake.

BUT, I am about two cookies and a Spicy Chicken Go Wrap away from looking like this.

So I decided to bake for the pups instead. It is Mitchmas, after all. And I made a score today when I found a squirrel-shaped cookie cutter to use for Mitch treats.

Since I don't want Wii Fit to tell me I am obese, since all of my friends seem to have pups, and since Mitch goes BANANAS! for them, I made about 300 doggie treats today.



Mitch was by my side. He loves the dough.

And I love my tiny bone cookie cutter. I mean, come on. Is there anything more adorable than homemade pup treats that are the size of a quarter?

Oh yeah, there's Mitchell Pancake. . .



. . .who has never been through obedience training.

Here's the recipe. Make them. Your pup will thank you.

Dog Treats from Annie's Eats
Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
5 1/3 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, butter, and boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.

Add the cornmeal, sugar, beef bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg to the bowl. Mix well. Stir in the whole wheat flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead, adding additional flour if necessary until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.

Divide the dough in half. Working with one half at a time, roll the dough out with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter and space evenly on prepared baking sheets. Reroll remaining dough scraps and continue cutting until all dough has been used.

Bake 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool completely.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails