Now, I actually got my big Christmas gift early. You remember Whitey, righty? By the way, Matt says that I should not name my camera Whitey because that's offensive. I say that it's not offensive because I am also white. He just shakes his head and rolls his eyes, basically defeated by my ability to argue.
But check out some of my other Christmas loot.
1. Very cool owl drawing/painting thing. This was a gift from our friend Collin, who bought it at a silent auction that was to benefit another friend. It was very nice and thoughtful because I'd bid on it myself, but then been outbid, and decided I couldn't spend too much on it. I'm really excited to have it. It also kind of reminds me of the owl calendars that I made for a few of my friends using this amazing generator.
2. Beautiful stationery. This is from Cassie, and I'm a little bit crazy about it. What makes it even cooler is that Emily Ley is a friend of hers from way back when. This stuff makes me want to catch up on my correspondance (but really I'll probably just lie on the couch in my pajamas and drink Simply Grapefruit juice from a plastic goblet.)
3. Awesome Martha Stewart kitchen tools. These are from Matt's mom (who also gave us cash, which I know she hates to do because then she doesn't get to have as much fun shopping). I love this stuff, and she even got it to match the kitchen!
4. Pastry stand. This one is from a friend at school, who left it in the carport wrapped up as a surprise. I can't wait to fill it with tasty goods!
5. Caitie made me this print using Wordle. I love the bright colors and the way she managed to fit so much of what I love into one picture. I also kind of like this spot for it. What do you think?
6. This apron that I bought for myself on the day after Christmas at World Market. Maybe it'll keep me from wiping my hands all over my jeans.
7. Also bought myself The Perfect Scoop, which I've already mentioned here. We bought it with a gift card, so it technically is a Christmas gift. Expect to read about many a recipe from this one.
8. Omigod I love this next gift. This one is also from Cassie, and I'm pretty sure she got it from this Etsy shop. It's a camera strap, and not only is it in some of my favorite colors, but it also has my initials on it. I'm so excited about it! (Also, it's hard to take a picture of a camera strap when it's still on the camera. I could've taken it off, but I'm lazy.)
9. I don't know why I love this little juicer bowl that Matt's grandma gave me so much, but I do. I love the color and I love the little pour spout and I think it's going to look gorgeous in the kitchen.
10. The next thing is from Grandma Carol and Grandpa B., and it warms my heart. Months and months ago I mentioned to her that I didn't know where to buy kitchen twine, and she filed that away. She'd seen something like this at a store, but decided that it was overpriced. Instead, she had Grandpa B. make it for me. I love them, and I really, really love this gift.
11. And, finally, I got this Whoville-style ornament from Tanya (she actually gave me two of these, but I only have a good picture of one of them). Tanya has some special ability to pick out the very best, most fun Christmas ornaments. Most of my favorite Christmas ornaments have come from her, and they also make me smile.
Sooooo. . .I'm itchin' to know. . .
What'd you get?