24 December 2010

Merry Christmas!

We all know that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.


But this Christmas it's been a little different for me, partly because I have a singing voice that sounds a little bit like a dying cat, and partly because, well, my Christmas has been more about other people--in a totally awesome way.

I'm not writing this to be all "look how great we are" or anything, but this Christmas--the last couple of weeks in particular--have been more dedicated to serving and helping others than they have been to taking daily trips to Target and Gap.  And even though I'm a little worn out and don't have as many new sweaters as I usually do this time of year, I can't remember a time I felt better about Christmas, about human compassion and generosity and camaraderie.*

Tomorrow will be about sleeping in, and opening a few gifts that are under the tree, and eating, and snugglin', and going to the movies. 

May your Christmas be as lovely!

XOXO

*And then every little good deed would make me feel so good that I was beginning to think that I was only doing them for that good feeling and not to help other people.  This is a dilemma that my friend Phoebe dealt with one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails