25 June 2010
Mandy's Famous Blackberry Sorbet
I'm at it again. I guess that without the internet, there's just not that much to do around the house other than to make sorbet. That, and I'm addicted to frozen treats.
This one's good. I personally like the raspberry a little better, but that's because I like raspberries more than I like blackberries.
And what's even more fun is that the blackberries are such a deep red color that they look like blood, and I like to pretend that I'm eating humans a la Tara and Eggs in season two of True Blood.
So here it is.
24 ounces of blackberries (I used fresh, but you could use frozen if you let them thaw first)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Juice from 3 lemons
1. In a small saucepan, boil the half cup of water. When the water is boiling, add the half cup of sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, puree blackberries and lemon juice in a food processor.
3. In a large bowl, combine the blackberry puree with the simple syrup. Chill in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
4. Place mixture in ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
5. You can enjoy the sorbet immediately, or freeze it to achieve a more solid texture.
Happy Friday eating to you!