- First things first. Our internet connection has been restored! Many kudos to Jason from Comcast who knew what he was doing and did it quickly. At 10:40 this morning I was cussing Comcast again when I saw a Comcast truck at our neighbor's house directly across the street (but still not at ours). And then at 10:45 Jason called, and saved our lives. No more Panera outings, unless, of course, I'm in the mood to have someone stand right next to me (like RIGHT next to me) and spank their kid a few times.
- Since it's summertime and I begin to purge money when I have too much time off, I've been picking up extra shifts waiting tables. I forgot how much I hate the public--particularly those who get their kids all hopped up on sweet tea and then encourage them to smash up food and throw it on the ground. Maybe I don't hate kids as much as I hate parents?
- Mitch is the cutest thing on the planet.
- I bought more raspberries to make more raspberry sorbet, because it's my favorite new dessert.
- Question. I need you, readers and social etiquette experts, to settle a dispute. Are you supposed to go visit people at the hospital when they have a baby? Or is that just for family?
- I'm a little obsessed with our 10x10 canopy that we got for beach trips. No more sunburns that make my face swell up and my eyes look squinty!