04 August 2009

Redemption!

Happy birthday, Obama!

To celebrate the birthday of our sexiest president, I went to my new favorite place, Back in the Day Bakery, to lunch with one of my coworkers. In addition to the rosemary chicken salad sandwich I enjoyed and haven't stopped thinking about, I had one of their old-fashioned cupcakes.

Such redemption! This treat has completely redeemed the Savannah cupcake scene for me. It was so pretty that I didn't even want to eat it, but I was quite pleased when I bit into its buttery vanilla goodness. It's worth noting that this cupcake was about ten million times better than those from the Suckcake Emporium.

If you live in Savannah or come to visit (we do have a guest room!), stop by Back in the Day Bakery.

You can even be a friend of the bakery on Facebook! Check out the much prettier picture of these old-fashioneds that I stole off of their page.

And there's more evidence to back up my theory that I am almost exactly the same as Barack Obama. Mr. Cool gave cupcakes to Helen Thomas, the veteran White House reporter who shares a birthday with him.

Also noteworthy is that Obama is a Leo, and I am an Aries. According Cosmopolitan's Bedside Astrologer, the Leo and the Aries are a perfect match. I'm just saying that if this Matt (who also happens to be a Leo) thing doesn't work out, I have a backup. What did you do to celebrate the birthday of Obama and Helen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails